Tuesday, November 15, 2011

A Poem- By No One....

I am a simple soul...
If I like you, I will give you my time. If not, I think you are fake and not worthy of engaging.
I am black and white...
If you say you will do something, I expect you to do it.
I am bruised...
I am not mortally wounded. I will recover, but I need you to show me it is time to heal.
I am a wall...
If you try to break it down, without permission, you will fail.
I am a lover...
I am your fantasy, but outward appearances are mirages of treasure.
I am a loser...
I have lost faith in man, in government and in life. I have yet to lose faith in God.
I am a simple soul...
I am rich and don’t want the money. I am popular and weed out the true ones. I am human and I have compassion. I am strong and long to cry. I am dark and search for light. I am love and need peace. I only let my soul be heard when I drink.  I am you.

No comments:

Post a Comment