Sunday, April 15, 2012

Battle of the Fates - By 123


I guess I just didn’t really realize it before.
I mean, I knew in some deep recess of my brain that is was possible, but the fact that it is coming up through the surface is scary.
I don’t think I’m ready.
I know I’m not ready.
What do you do when you aren’t ready for something but you want it so bad?
What?
Why do I think this?
Well.
I know you infiltrate my life and my dreams.
Everything I do is part of a plan to be with you.
If I hear even one negative thing about you, I seethe.
Don’t worry...it is an inside seething, not outside. I can control it.
I imagine you sleeping next to me, I imagine our future family. I see our dogs playing together. Does he like her? Will she attack him?
I smell you sometimes...randomly...I don’t know if it is a perfume or a lotion, but it is intoxicating.  My day stops and my life depends on that scent.
My soul screams out for you at inopportune times.
I will be doing something mundane, like making coffee, for instance. I can literally hear my soul screaming for you.
I pause...
I let it set in...
Then I tell my conscious self that you aren’t here.
My unconscious doesn’t know that and it doesn’t understand...it just aches for you. It is a body shattering scream. At times I have fallen to my knees.  My soul knows where it needs to be...my body is hesitant. It is a battle of fates.

4 comments:

  1. We share the same blog template! That's new to me, I've seen about a zillion blogs and none, and I mean NONE had this template.
    Happy to be the first member of your blog. Very poetical yet well grounded, by my opinion :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for reading! Most of these poems are written by others (some under aliases, like this one!)who just want to get some of their work out there. I wish I could write poetry as well as they do! :)

      I stopped by YOUR blog this morning before I started work and noticed the same thing! I am thinking of a total move from Blogger and a redesign, but I am pretty hopeless when it comes to design, so we shall see. Thank you SO much for reading!

      Delete
    2. I think this design is really nice as long as it's improved a bit with some gadgets and advertising (I do it just for the sake of design).
      Whatever you decide to do, I wish you good luck and keep us up to date :)

      Delete
  2. This is a beautiful prose/poem. I love the cadence. Just beautiful...

    ReplyDelete